November Bender : Green Smoothies

Hi again!  I'm not even gonna explain why or talk about how long I have been neglec...


Hi again! 

I'm not even gonna explain why or talk about how long I have been neglecting this blog. Because let's face it, if I got a penny for every time I come back and explain why I have been away or how I plan to get back into blogging regularly again, I'd be a millionaire by now. So why not get into the main point of this blog post, which is all about this new interest of mine : Green Smoothies. 

Just before October ends, I've made a pact with myself to be healthier this month, and that includes tweaking my diet among all other things. Back home, it used to be easier to maintain a satisfying level of veggies consumption, as both my parents are big on getting all of us as healthy as possible. But ever since coming up here, I find it harder to stray away from all the junk food, fried bits and bobs, and most importantly remember to consume veggies or fruits daily. So, I have come up with a solution : Green smoothies. Toss everything into a blender for a daily shot of healthy goo. 

For almost every morning of November, I have been drinking my daily dose of green smoothies. Without realising it, they have actually made some positive impact on my skin. I mean I knew eating ample amount of veggies helps healing pimples, but figuring out the different ways to cook them isn't as easy. Since salad usually leaves my tummy growling after an hour of downing them, I do have to prepare a proper power meal, and that can takes up a lot of work sometimes. Excuses, excuses, I know. But why go through all that when there's an easy way out. Into my blender, I usually just throw banana with some kale or spinach (depending on what I have in the fridge), drown them in coconut water and I'm good to go. But after some fair share of research, I've decided to incorporate some more ingredients. Naming cucumber, avocado and pineapple, in addition to the banana, kale/spinach and coconut water mix. It sure does taste different, since there's all kinds of things mixed up. But it's a good different. I'm feeling very positive about this whole green smoothie thing, is all I'm saying.

xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi! just realised you changed your blog appearance and stuffs, much like!
    anyway, good luck for everything! have fun growing up.

    xx,
    all the best

    ReplyDelete