Salted Wound

Button up - Forever 21 | Floral Kimono - Forever 21 | Trousers - Forever 21 | Necklace - Forever 21 |  Blane Tassel Loa...


Button up - Forever 21 | Floral Kimono - Forever 21 | Trousers - Forever 21 | Necklace - Forever 21Blane Tassel Loafers - Jeffrey Campbell

I can promise you that this is the last piece of kimonos I have in my closet that hasn't been on this blog, I can't promise that this would be the last time you will see me in a kimono though. I might be making some more soon. But I'm thinking maybe a little bit longer, knee or calf length perhaps? Also with less transparent fabrics, but still airy and weightless. I guess that's one of the perks of being able to make your own clothes. I don't even shop a lot anymore, aside from items like jeans of course. But back to the kimono, I remember this was the first kimono I bought and the reason it has been sitting in my closet for more than a year was because I had a hard time pairing it. I know I could easily throw on a pair of black denim shorts with it. But trust me, I tried that and it just didn't seem to work for me. Maybe I had picked the wrong top to go underneath or something. Then I found this oversized peach button up, which I thought would fit in with the peach and coral flower print. It did and I was very pleased. 

I don't know if it's just me but I always feel so agitated when I have a piece of clothing that I really like and I just can't seem to find a way to style it. That it has to be buried in the closet for the longest time ever. You know how you just bought something and you can't wait to wear it? Imagine not being able to do that because you can't figure out how to style it. Or maybe you had something in mind when you spotted that in the shop, but it just didn't work when you tried it with all the other pieces at home. That's how I felt. Which is way I was very glad to know I could finally wear this kimono out. 

xx

You Might Also Like

8 comments